English language qualifications
In Danish upper secondary school education, English is taught at three levels:
A – advanced, B – intermediate, and C – elementary.
Approval of English B and English A
If you do not meet the specific admission requirement for English A or English B, you have the opportunity to take an English-language test. The various tests, and required minimum scores for approval of English B and English A is displayed below.
If you have achieved the required minimum score in one of the tests below, you do not need to apply for approval of equivalent qualifications. In that case, you simply upload your language test certificate along with your application at Optagelse.dk. Please note, that it is your responsibility to make sure that we receive your test results. We do not receive any documents directly from the providers of the tests.
The following tests are approved by University of Copenhagen as English B:
• TOEFL paper-based with at least 560 points
• TOEFL internet-based with at least 83 points
• IELTS (academic or general) test with at least 6.5 points
• Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) passed
The following tests are approved by University of Copenhagen as English A:
• TOEFL paper-based with at least 600 points
• TOEFL internet-based with at least 100 point
• IELTS (academic or general) test with at least 7.0 points
• CAE and Proficiency in English (CPE) passed
TOEFL and IELTS tests are valid for two years, while CAE and CPE have no limitation.