Cognition and Communication > Admission Requirements
If you have completed a Bachelor’s degree or are enrolled in the final semester of a Bachelor’s programme, you are eligible to apply for the Master’s programme in Cognition and Communication.
Admission to the programme is limited to 40 students. All applicants will be subject to an overall individual assessment and granted admission in accordance with the following criteria:
- The applicant’s motivation and purpose for choosing this programme
- Final grades of the applicant’s Bachelor’s degree.
- The relevance of taught modules in the applicant’s Bachelor’s degree*, where emphasis is placed on whether the Bachelor’s degree is in the domain of humanities or social sciences and whether the Bachelor’s degree contains taught modules within cognitive science (e.g. modules in cognitive psychology, neuroscience, artificial intelligence, computer modelling, or linguistics) or media studies (e.g. modules in media sociology, communication theory, Audio-visual theory and analysis, media effect studies) corresponding to 30 ECTS credits.
- The applicant’s English proficiency skills.
*If you hold one of the degrees listed below, you are considered to meet the requirements regarding relevance of taught modules in the Bachelor's degree:
- Philosophy from the Universities of Copenhagen, Aarhus or Southern Denmark
- Psychology from the Universities of Copenhagen, Aarhus or Southern Denmark
- Film and Media Studies from the University of Copenhagen
- Media Studies from the University of Aarhus.
In order to qualify for admission applicants are required to fulfil the English language requirements