Applicants at the UCPH Faculty of Humanities are required to document their English proficiency in order to fulfill the language requirement for admission.
Documentation of English proficiency
The UCPH Faculty of Humanities accepts the following tests and scores:
- TOEFL paper-based test with a minimum score of 560 points*
- TOEFL internet-based test with a minmum score of 83*
- IELTS Academic test with a minimum score of 6.5
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), passed
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE), passed
All test reports are only valid for two years.
The University of Copenhagen will verify all test reports with the test provider.
*TOEFL test takers are required to choose the UCPH Faculty of Humanities (institution code: 3312) as a recipient of the test results.
Applicants exempt from documenting English proficiency:
- Native English speakers, i.e., citizens of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, USA and Canada
- Nordic citizens, i.e., citizens from Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland
- Applicants, regardless of nationality, holding a bachelor's degree from either the United Kingdom, Ireland, USA, Australia, New Zealand or Canada
Deadline for submission of a language test
If you have not included the results of an English proficiency test in your application by the application deadline, you are required to submit documentation of your language proficiency as soon as possible in accordance with the following deadlines:
- Non-EU/EEA citizens: 1 April
- EU/EEA citizens: 1 August
Test report forms are submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
Failure to document your English language proficiency by the deadline may result in the admission offer being withdrawn.