Cpr Registration – University of Copenhagen

Forward this page to a friend Resize Print Bookmark and Share

Welcome > Residence Permit/Cpr > Cpr Registration

Cpr Registration

When you have arrived in Denmark, you are required to register with the local Citizens Service. To do so you must have your residence permit and a permanent address in Denmark. When you register, you will be provided with a personal identity number, called a cpr-number, as well as a Health Insurance Card.

More information is available from Copenhagen International House.

To accommodate the large number of international students arriving every semester, the Citizens Service will offer their services at the International House in Copenhagen on specific dates. If you live in Copenhagen, Albertslund, Allerød, Ballerup, Brøndby, Dragør, Frederiksberg, Fredensborg, Frederiksssund, Furesø , Gladsaxe, Glostrup, Halsnæs, Helsingør, Hillerød, Holbæk, Hvidovre, Høje-Taastrup, Hørsholm, Ishøj, Kalundborg, Køge, Lejre, Lyngby-Taarbæk, Næstved, Odsherred, Roskilde, Rødovre, Rudersdal, Slagelse, Solrød, Stevns please take this opportunity to apply for your cpr-number.

Information about when and where to meet the Citizen Service staff at UCPH will be sent by e-mail to all exchange students and posted on the notice board of this site.

Find a quick guide to the registration procedure for cpr-number here:

Nordic students

EU/EEA students (including guide to residence permit)

Non-EU/EEA students