English language qualifications
English A (advanced) or English B (intermediate) are the required English language qualifications. If you have not obtained these levels, it is possible to take an English language test instead. The tests and required minimum scores for approval of English B and English A are listed below.
If you have achieved the required minimum score in one of the tests below, you do not need to apply for approval of equivalent qualifications. In that case, you simply upload your language test certificate along with your application on optagelse.dk. Please note, that it is your responsibility to make sure that we get your test results – we do not receive any documents directly from the test providers.
TOEFL and IELTS tests are valid for two years, while CAE and CPE have no date of expiry.
University of Copenhagen approves the following tests as equivalent to English A:
- TOEFL paper-based with at least 600 points
- TOEFL internet-based with at least 100 point
- IELTS (academic or general) test with at least 7.0 points
- CAE and Proficiency in English (CPE) passed.
University of Copenhagen approves the following tests as equivalent to English B:
- TOEFL paper-based with at least 560 points
- TOEFL internet-based with at least 83 points
- IELTS (academic or general) test with at least 6.5 points
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) passed.