Government Scholarships – University of Copenhagen

Exchange Programmes > Admission > Government Scholarships

Danish Government Scholarships

Denmark has entered into a Cultural Agreements Programme with a number of other countries. Long term scholarships under the Cultural Agreements programme can only be offered for non-degree studies. Students accepted for a Master degree programme or a PhD programme at the University of Copenhagen are not eligible for Danish Government Scholarships under the Cultural Agreements.

Scholarships are only available to Master’s and PhD-level students. However, Bachelor's students wishing to study Danish language and literature can also apply if they have studied the Danish language for two years.

PhD students should look for a researcher or professor to secure an invitation for their possible stay at the University of Copenhagen. Find a researcher here.

Information on the application procedure and deadline for 2018-2019 is available on the web site of the Agency of Science and Higher Education.

Who Can Apply?

The programme is open for students enrolled at institutions of higher education in Brazil, China, Egypt, Japan, Russia and South Korea.

Summer language courses under the Cultural Agreements Programme

For information regarding summer language courses under the Cultural Agreements Programme, please refer to the web site of the Agency of Science and Higher Education.