FAQ Admission – University of Copenhagen

Exchange Programmes > FAQ > FAQ Admission

FAQ Admission

Should I apply as an exchange student or as a guest student?

- You can apply as an exchange student if your home university has an exchange agreement with UCPH and you are nominated by your home univesity, or if you are eligible to apply for a long-term Government Scholarship. If not, you can apply as a fee-paying guest student.

What is an official transcript of academic records?

- It is a document from your home university listing the courses you have followed, the grades you have received, and the ECTS points or semester credits you have earned. We accept documents downloaded from your home university’s online registration system. The document must clearly show your name as well as the name of your home
university. As a general rule we accept documents in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, and Norwegian, but you may be asked to provide an English translation approved by your home university.

Is there an entry exam to be admitted to the University of Copenhagen?

- No, there is no entry exam to be admitted as an exchange and guest student. Admission is based on an individual evaluation of your application by the department(s) through which you apply to study. A minimum of two years of study is usually required.