Nordic Citizens – University of Copenhagen

Citizens of Nordic Countries

If you are a Nordic citizen, you do not need a residence permit. However, if you study in Denmark for not more than 6 months you can register for a Danish cpr-number. If you study in Denmark for more than 6 months you must register for a Danish cpr-number For more information about moving within the Nordic countries, please see

Work Permit

Students from the Scandinavian countries will not need a work permit for regular student jobs.