Bachelor's degree from Denmark
As a citizens from a country outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland you can apply for admission at African Studies if you:
1) Hold a relevant Danish Bachelor’s degree or another relevant degree at the same educational level.
2) Have proof that you meet the language requirements for English B or equivalent skill level (see below).
- Some Bachelor’s degrees have already been assessed to meet the admission requirements. This means that they automatically fulfill the admission requirements. See the list of Bachelor’s degrees that automatically fulfil the admission requirements.
- If your degree does not fulfill the admission requirements automatically, the study board will evaluate your application and assess if your degree can meet the admission requirements based on its academic content.
You can only get an answer to whether or not your degree meets the admission requirement by applying for admission at the MSc Programme. Solely the admission committee can evaluate whether you are qualified or not. They do this once they have received your application.
Citizens from a country outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland must pay an application fee of 750 DKK (app. 100 EUR).
As a citizen from a country outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland you need to pay tuition fees. At African Studies the fee is DKK 53,500 per year.
If you hold a permanent residence permit or hold a temporary residence permit “with a view to” or “with the possibility of” permanent residency in Denmark or a permit with a status similar to permanent residency, you will neither have to pay application nor tuition fee.
If you hold these types of residence permits, you can apply after the applications deadline, rules and procedures for EU citizens. Of you hold any other type of residence permit please inquire about application status and tuition fee by contacting email@example.com
When to apply
- The application portal opens: 15 November
- Application deadline: 15 January
How to apply
It is your Bachelor’s degree and its academic contents that determine whether you meet the admission requirements. Please note that the MSc programme is in English. Therefore, there is a specific language requirement for the study programme.
The application portal opens: 15. November
Application deadline: 15. January
You can submit 3 applications for UCPH
Please note that you may submit a maximum of 3 applications to UCPH study programmes with the same study start.
Follow your application
Once you have applied for admission, you will find application updates and received messages from the University. When you receive a message at the application portal, you will receive an email at the mail address you have registered with your application.
Tips for the application portal
- Use Firefox or Goggle Chrome as your browser when creating and submitting your application.
- Check the user guide for the application portal when you fill out your application.
- Read the FAQ where you can find answers to the most common questions concerning the application portal.
- Contact CAS Secretariat if you cannot find the answers, you are looking for in the FAQ.
- Contact Service desk if you have technical problems.
You will receive your application result via the application portal no later than 10 June.
Accept your offer of admission
If you have received an offer of admission, you need to accept the offer. If you do not accept the offer before the deadline (which will appear in your admission letter), you will lose your spot in the MSc programme. Therefore, it is important to check the status of your application regularly at the application portal.
Check your email regularly
When you receive a message at the application portal, you will receive an email at the mail address you have registered with your application. Please be aware that emails from the application portal may end up in your spam filter.
Have you been offered admission?
We look forward to meeting you and to welcoming you to the MSc programme.
The welcome programme at your MSc programme will take place late August. The program will be available in May.
Check for messages in the application portal
We will send you all information concerning your first days at UCPH through the application portal. Therefore, please check the email you have registered in your application.
Please remember that there might be documentation you need to upload before your study start.
Get help with course registration and tips for housing
The student counsellor is ready to help you with your course registration.
Do you have a functional impairment?
If you have special needs due to a functional impairment (for example dyslexia or a physical or mental diagnose) then it is possible for you to get help and support during your study programme because of your condition. Among others, you can apply for special aids, IT equipment and support classes.
Please contact the AC counsellor, Anja Mee Foldberg, firstname.lastname@example.org right after admission if you want to know more about your options and how to apply for what you need.