Protein Chemistry is a specialisation of the MSc programme in Biochemistry.
Protein Chemistry consists of a number of compulsory courses, elective courses and restricted elective courses during the first year.
- Compulsory courses – 22,5 ECTS
- Restricted elective courses – 15 ECTS
- Elective courses – 22,5 ECTS
The thesis equals 60 ECTS and is written during the second year of the programme.
The programme structure is shown below. Please note that the suggested block placement of restricted elective and elective courses is not mandatory. The placement depends on the courses chosen.
|Block 1||Block 2||Block 3||Block 4|
||Principle Subject in Protein Chemistry|
|Major Subject Project|
|Restricted elective course|
Restricted elective courses
Choose your restricted elective courses from the list below. Click on each course for a detailed description.
- The Chemistry of Metal Ions in Biological Systems
- Protein Research Lab
- Crystallography MSc
- Structural Bioinformatics
- NMR Spectroscopy
- Advanced Protein Science 1 - Protein Interactions and Sequences
- Radioactive Isotopes and Ionizing Radiation
- Advanced Protein Science 2 - Protein Structure Determination
- Molecular Biotechnology
- Thesis Preparation Project