If you have completed a Bachelor’s degree or are enrolled in the final semester of a Bachelor’s programme you are eligible to apply for the Master’s programme in Biology-Biotechnology.
Bachelor’s degrees that automatically fulfill the academic requirements
If you hold one of the degrees listed below, you are considered to meet all academic requirements. Learn about when and how to apply.
- BSc in Biology-Biotechnology from the University of Copenhagen (reserved access to the programme)
Other bachelor’s degrees
If you have a bachelor’s degree other than those listed above, you must submit additional documentation along with your application so the University can evaluate whether or not you meet the admission requirements. Learn about when and how to apply.
If you have a Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Natural Resources, Molecular Biomedicine or Molecular Biology from the University of Copenhagen or other Danish or international universities ýou may be admitted if your programme includes the following elements:
- 15 ECTS credits within a biological system (plants, animals or microbiology)
- 15 ECTS credits within biochemistry/organic chemistry
- 15 ECTS credits within biotechnology methods
- In total, you must have a minimum of 30 ECTS credits that stem from courses with experimental laboratory exercises.
Qualifying degree and other courses/projects
When we assess whether you meet the admission requirements for the Master's degree program, Danish legislation only allows us to assess your Bachelor's degree. Consequently, you cannot study supplementary courses between Bachelor's and Master's degree programs in order to meet the admission requirements.
If you have passed courses/projects before you complete the qualifying Bachelor's degree, these can be included in the assessment, even though they are not part of the Bachelor's degree program.
- It applies to courses/projects you have taken as single subjects and courses/projects you have taken as part of another study program.
- A maximum of 30 ECTS credits of these courses/projects may be included.
Unless you hold a Bachelor's degree from a Danish University, you are required to document proficiency in English according to your background; see the language requirements.