Before you apply to the Master's degree programme in Film and Media Studies, please make sure to acquaint yourself with all the important information on the application procedure, application deadlines and details about how to apply.
Prioritisation of applicants
Admission to the programme is limited to 16 students.
Applicants will be subject to an overall individual assessment based on the selection critieria, whereby applicants with the most points are granted admission.
- Up to 30 points for the evaluation of academic relevance of the bachelor's degree programme:
- 30 points for the BA in Film and Media Studies from the University of Copenhagen*
- 20 points for the following bachelor programmes:
- Media Studies from the University of Aarhus
- Communication and IT from the University of Copenhagen with a secondary-school bachelor elective study in Film and Media Studies from the University of Copenhagen* (45 ECTS credits)
- 10 points for the following bachelor programmes
- Media Studies from the University of Southern Denmark
- Communication and IT from the University of Copenhagen without a secondary-school bachelor elective study in Film and Media Studies from the University of Copenhagen
- Up to 20 points awarded to applicants with other Bachelor's degree qualifications based on an individual academic assessment of the programme’s academic relevance and quality.
- Up to 20 points awarded for assessment of grades obtained from courses in film and media studies in the bachelor programme.
- Up to 20 points awarded for a well-reasoned application (max. 4,000 characters including spaces and references) including:
- a description of how the applicant’s professional and educational experience (including international experience) is relevant to the MA in Film and Media Studies,
- what the applicant expects to learn during the programme, and
- the applicant’s reflection on their career opportunities after graduation.
Due to national legislation only courses at bachelor level will be taken into consideration during assessment. Courses at Master's level will not be assessed.
Limitation on second degrees
If you have already completed a Danish Master's degree, please check out the rules concerning a second degree.