In the general profile you can choose compose your own courses and skills, for example within a discipline, e.g. technology, quality, microbiology or chemistry.
You can also choose to concentrate on product development or focus on a specific raw material, e.g. fish, grain, fruit or vegetables. The food industry is continuously working to develop new products which adapt to consumer tastes and wishes. Currently, there is great demand for flavourful dishes, the final preparation of which is easy to do at home and which are healthy at the same time.
You complete your MSc programme by writing a thesis, which is a large scientific project corresponding to 30 ECTS.
The general profile can be structured as shown in the figure below. You choose your restricted elective courses from the list at the bottom of this page.
|Block 1||Block 2||Block 3||Block 4|
|Year 1||Food Quality Management and Controll||Food Processing|
|Year 2||Short Thematic Course in Food Science and Technology||Thesis|
One block equals nine weeks and 15 ECTS
|Restricted elective course|
Restricted elective courses
Choose your restricted elective courses from the list below. Click on each course for a detailed description.
- Design of Experiments and Optimisations
- Fundamentals of Beer Brewing and Winemaking
- Microbiology of Fermented Food and Beverages
- Advanced Course in Microbiological Food Safety
- Quantitative Bio-spectroscopy
- Control of Foodborne Microorganisms
- Food Colloids
- Meat Technology and Packaging
- Molecular and Functional Properties of Milk
- Yeast Physiology and Applications
- Advanced Food Chemistry
- Meat Products and Innovation
- Cool Climate Viticulture and Enology *
- Dairy Processes and Equipment
- Process Analytical Chemistry and Technology
- Food Ingredients and Structure Design
- Food Enzymes and Applications
- Dairy Microbiology
- Dairy Product Technology 2
- Food Packaging
* The course cannot be taken with the elective course Applied Cool Climate Viticulture