Language requirements - MSc in Information Science and Cultural Communication
Applicants to master's degree programmes at the Faculty of Humanities are required to document their English language proficiency in accordance with the language requirements for admission.
How to document your English proficiency
The Faculty of Humanities accepts the following tests and scores:
- TOEFL internet-based test with a minmum score of 83*
- IELTS Academic test with a minimum score of 6.5
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), passed
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE), passed
All test reports are only valid for two years.
The University of Copenhagen will verify all test reports with the test provider.
*TOEFL test takers are required to choose the Faculty of Humanities (institution code: 3312) as a recipient of the test results.
Exemptions from documenting English proficiency
The following applicants are exempt from documenting English proficiency by way of an English language test:
- Native English-speaking citizens from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, USA and Canada
- Nordic citizens from Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland
- Applicants, regardless of nationality, who have completed a bachelor's degree programme in the United Kingdom, Ireland, USA, Australia, New Zealand or Canada
Deadline for submission of a language test
If you have not included an English proficiency test report in your application, you are required to submit documentation of your language proficiency as soon as possible in accordance with the following deadlines:
- Non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizens: 1 April
- EU/EEA/Swiss citizens: 1 August
Failure to document your English language proficiency by the deadline may result in the admission offer being withdrawn.
Test report forms are submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.