The following documents should be included in your online application to the master's degree programme. Documents are uploaded electronically in the application portal.
- Copy of official transcript of records
- Copy of qualifying degree
- Letter of Motivation
- Description of your bachelor programme
- Curriculum Vitae
- English language proficiency
- Documentation of citizenship
Certified overview of the courses you have taken, the grades you have obtained and the credits or course hours per course.
Only courses at bachelor level will be taken into consideration during assessment. Courses at master's level will not be taken into consideration during assessment
In case original documents are not issued in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English, German or French, you are required to upload a certified translation along with the copy of the original document.
Bachelor's degree certificate. If you have not graduated by the time of applying, you are required to submit a list of all pending courses.
Your bachelor's degree certificate or an official confirmation of graduation must be submitted before commencement of studies.
Personal letter of motivation (2 page maximum), including your motivation for studying at the programme, your visions for a future career, and your skills in the field of Information Science and Cultural Communication.
The description of your bachelor programme should including the following information:
- Bachelor degree requirements: number of years of full-time study, as well as the number of credits/units/hours required for obtaining the degree.
- Description of the grading system.
- Description of aim and content of your bachelor programme linked to an official university website or certified by the issuing educational institution.
You are required to provide written description of the courses completed as part of your bachelor's degree programme. This information can be copied from the educational institution’s website or online course catalogue, or issued by the educational institution offering the bachelor’s degree programme.
If the original documents are not issued in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English, German or French, you are required to upload an English translation along with the copy of the original document. The translation does not need to be certified by the issuing educational institution.
CV in English including relevant professional or extracurricular experience; e.g., internships, student jobs, participation in study-abroad programmes, or other relevant experience.
- Documentation of your citizenship; e.g., a copy of your passport
- In case you hold a permanent residence permit or a temporary residence permit with the a view to permanent residency in Denmark, please upload a scanned copy (front and back) your residence permit card.
Verification of degree certificates and other supporting documents
All admitted students are required to present original degree certificates for verification upon arrival at the Faculty of Humanities.
The University of Copenhagen reserves the right to verify all information that you have provided in your application. All forgery will be reported to relevant authorities, and your enrolment will be immediately cancelled.