Citizens of EU and EEA countries

If you are a citizen in EU/EEA or Switzerland, you will need a EU residence document, given the fact that your stay as a master's degree student is longer than three months.

Here's what to do: Complete the OD1 application form, prepare the required documents and submit your application in person to SIRI (The Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration).

You can get your residence document by booking an appointment with – and visiting – SIRI København on the permanent address in Njalsgade. In less than three weeks, you will receive your EU residence document.

Everything you need to know about the application process is on this website:

→ New to Denmark

When you have your residence permit, you can register with the Danish Civil Registration Office/Borgerservice and thus be covered by the Danish health insurance system.

Any questions regarding the residence document? Please have a closer look at the website. If you still cannot find the answers you're looking for, you can call +45 72 14 20 02 (line 2), e.g. for questions about general rules and regulations and navigation on the website.

Work permit

Students from EU member states do not need a work permit for regular student jobs.