To gain admission to a master's programme at University of Copenhagen, non-Danish applicants must document qualifications equal to the Danish secondary school 'English level B'.
We accept the following documentation:
1) English is your native language
Consequently, if you are from the following countries, you do not need to present an English language proficiency test:
- Anguilla, Antigua, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Barbuda, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Canada (except Quebec), Dominica, Grand Cayman Islands, Grenada, Guyana, Irish Republic, Jamaica, Montserrat, New Zealand, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Islands, United Kingdom: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, & Wales and United States of America.
2) You have studied in English
Studies completed in English and/or in an English speaking country. For example, if you have studied your bachelor’s degree in Australia, you are not required to complete an English language proficiency test.
3) English is your second language
If English is your second language you must pass an IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge English test before being admitted.
We accept the following tests and scores:
- IELTS-test (British Council) with a minimum score of 6.5
- Paper-based TOEFL-test with a minimum score of 560 points
- Internet-based TOEFL-test with a min score of 83 points
- Passed Cambridge English Certificate: Advanced (CAE) – level C1
Language tests older than 2 years from the application deadline will not be accepted.
If you are from a Scandinavian country (Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland) and hold a bachelor’s degree from Danish or Scandinavian university, you do not need to provide proof of English language proficiency.