Studying at City Campus means being downtown Copenhagen. Everything the city has to offer is right outside the door. Nevertheless, it is easy to escape city noise in order to study or relax in one of the many beautiful, surrounding parks.The campus area accommodates the Faculty of Social Sciences and a part of the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences.
Centre for Health and Society (shown in the film) is located between the city lakes and the transport hub Nørreport. This is a place brimming with history as the buildings are the former district general hospital with high ceilings and a stylish architectural look. Teaching facilities are modern, and in 2013, the University opened a new building with three auditoriums.
Facts about programmes and people
- Master's degree programmes taught in English within the areas of Anthropology, Economics, Political Science, Psychology and Sociology. Furthermore, there are master’s programmes in Global Development and Security Risk Management.
- Approx. 6,700 full-time students at two faculties.
- On City Campus, you will find facilities which can help you through your studies. E.g.: Study spaces and quiet zones where you can read or log onto the wireless network and work.
- Common areas, lounges and meeting rooms arranged for discussion and meetings with your study group.
- Beautiful outdoor spaces, where you can work, relax or meet with fellow students between lessons.
- The bookshop 'Academic Books', where you can buy books, compendia etc.
- Canteens and cafés where you can buy breakfast, lunch, coffee, cake etc.
- The cozy ‘Café Kommunen’, where you can hang out with friends.