Join our Q&A
To be admitted to the MSc programme in Water and Environment, you must have:
- A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or higher in a natural science field such as Agricultural Science, Biology, Environmental Sciences, Engineering or Natural Resources. The Bachelor’s degree must as a minimum include basic courses in mathematics, chemistry, biology and statistics.
- High-level English language proficiency.
The following BSc programmes give direct access to the MSc programme in Water and Environment:
- BSc in Natural Resources, specialisation in Environmental Science
- BSc in Biology
- BSc in Biotechnology
- BSc in Agriculture, Food and the Environment, specialisation in Agriculture and the Environment
- BSc in Geology
- BSc in Environmental Technology
According to national legislation in China, Chinese citizens cannot apply for admission to Water and Environment through a Danish university. Instead, Chinese Citizens must apply for admission through University of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Check which master’s programmes at UCPH your bachelor programme is pre-approved for admission to. Please note that the admission tool is only available in Danish.
Qualifying degree and other courses/projects
When we assess whether you meet the admission requirements for the Master's degree program, Danish legislation only allows us to assess your Bachelor's degree. Consequently, you cannot study supplementary courses between Bachelor's and Master's degree programs to meet the admission requirements.
If you have passed courses/projects before you complete the qualifying Bachelor's degree, these can be included in the assessment, even though they are not part of the Bachelor's degree program.
- It applies to courses/projects you have taken as single subjects and courses/projects you have taken as part of another study program.
- A maximum of 30 ECTS credits of these courses/projects may be included.
Unless you hold a Bachelor's degree from a Danish University, you are required to document proficiency in English according to your background; see the language requirements.