Join our webinar
Applicants with reserved access
If you have reserved access to the programme that you are applying for you are not required to document your proficiency in English.
All other applicants
All other applicants must document qualifications on par with the Danish upper secondary school ‘English level B' or ‘English level A’ with a weighted average of minimum 2 on the Danish grading scale.
We accept the following ways of documenting this:
- Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or USA.
You must upload a copy or scan of your official diploma as documentation.
The degree must be minimum 2 years of studies. A student exchange semester/year is not sufficient documentation for English proficiency.
You must upload a copy or scan of your transcript to document that you have passed:
- Danish upper secondary school 'English level B' (Engelsk B) or ‘English level A’ (Engelsk A) with the minimum weighted average grade of 2 on the Danish grading scale OR
If you have passed a Nordic entrance examination with an English level which is considered comparable to a Danish B level in English by the Danish Agency of International Education. The weighted grade of the course must be comparable to at least 2 on the Danish grading scale. You can find a comparison of the Nordic subject levels and grades here: Nordic subject levels (in Danish)
The Nordic Region consist of Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Åland.
You must upload your transcript from the educational institution as documentation that you have passed:
- Danish upper secondary school 'English level B' (Engelsk B) or Danish upper secondary school ‘English level A’ (Engelsk A) with the minimum weighted average grade of 2 on the Danish grading scale.
You must document that you have passed one of the following accepted tests:
- IELTS Academic
- TOEFL iBT, TOEFL iBT paper edition or TOEFL iBT Home Edition
- Cambridge Advanced English or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)
- IELTS and TOEFL tests taken before 1 September 2020 will not be accepted
- There is no limitation for validity for the Cambridge tests
- List of accepted tests and minimum score requirements
|Name of test||Minimum score||Your different options for giving us the needed information|
|IELTS (Academic)||6.5 (overall test score). Only the overall score will be considered.||
Upload your test score sheet in the application portal.
If you have difficulties uploading the test score sheet, please e-mail us your test score sheet, and then we can verify it online.
TOEFL iBT paper edition
TOEFL iBT Home Edition
(MyBest Scores are not accepted)
|Please note that you have to add our institutional code (0177) as the recipient, so we can verify the result online. You can check if the institutional code has been added to your profile on the test score sheet.|
|Cambridge Advanced (CAE) or
Cambridge Proficiency (CPE)
|Passed at level C1 or C2||
You must inform your test centre that Faculty of SCIENCE, University of Copenhagen is allowed to verify your test score results online.
You must upload documentation which includes your Statement of Results number or Reference number.