Profile and Career
Quantum Information Science is a growing, interdisciplinary field with the potential to shape the future of computing and communication. This study programme is the first of its kind in Denmark, and only a few universities worldwide offer similar programmes.
Quantum Information Science gives you a solid foundation in both theoretical and practical quantum information. You will get the chance to explore the academic and commercial perspectives of the field at the very highest level.
With a degree in Quantum Information Science you will have a range of career and employment opportunities. You may be working on creating the quantum computers of the future, or you may work on developing the software and algorithms which are special to quantum computers, quantum computations or quantum communication. This can be both from a more applied perspective or more research-oriented.
As a graduate in Quantum Information Science, you will have the competencies to:
- master elements of multiple disciplines, in particular mathematics, physics, and computer science to develop quantum information solutions
- apply scientific theory and methodology in the context of quantum information science
- conduct hands-on experiments with building blocks of quantum information processing
- collaborate professionally with others, both by playing an active role within research teams, as well as in the industry by working closely with fellow students.
There is a growing demand, both in Denmark and internationally, for the unique skills and competencies you have acquired. You may find work:
- in the IT industry, developing new quantum algorithms to optimize complex calculations
- in tech companies, developing systems and components for quantum information processing
- as a consultant in companies and industries, for instance in connection with the development and implementation of quantum simulations
- within the pharmaceutical industry e.g., to simulate experiments when developing medicines
- in telecommunications and banking where you can contribute to secure encryption and communications
- establishing start-up companies within quantum information technology
- as a researcher within quantum information science at universities or companies.