Profile and Career
The programme aims to educate entrepreneurs and leaders to be in charge of and develop sustainable and innovative solutions for the future and within all sectors that have to do with the sustainable production, use, management, breeding etc. of healthy animals in healthy herds.
You will be able to create your own personal academic profile by specializing in e.g. animal production, genetics and breeding, animals used for sport purposes, leisure, and animals we study to improve our understanding of human biology and diseases.
The programme considers how animal enterprises can become economically sustainable and how to feed, breed and house animals without compromising animal welfare or the surrounding environment, and how new technologies and big data processing can be used to optimize production, breeding and management of livestock.
The various possibilities for specialisations open up for a growing number of jobs within many different sectors, such as:
- The Agricultural Advisory Service, consulting engineering firms, the financial sector or international development organisations
- Development or sales jobs in the industry and production sector
- Industry associations or professional organisations with relations to feeding, breeding, management of animals and animal production
- Strategic advising and/or management of experimental animal businesses
- Public management (municipalities, regions, ministries and governmental bodies in Denmark, the EU and internationally)
- Research and education in private companies, governmental research institutions and universities
- Teaching at agricultural colleges, technical colleges or in other kind of course activities
- Starting your own business