Profile and Career
Biochemistry is the right choice for you if you want to help make discoveries in basic research or in the pharmaceutical field. As an MSc student, you will work experimentally and theoretically with biochemical and molecular problems within a focus area of your own choice.
Your thesis will be an independent piece of work, often contributing to an existing research project where you will be an integral part of the project's research group.
- You learn to work with living organisms (bacteria, archaea, yeasts, cell cultures, plants).
- You will be able to define, delimit, formulate, and analyse biochemical or biological problems.
- You learn to independently plan and perform scientific experiments as well as interpret their reliability.
- You can interpret the results of experiments and communicate them in a larger context.
- You achieve a significant understanding of your field of research. You will also learn to communicate this knowledge clearly with the correct scientific terminology.
As an MSc in Biochemistry, you will have an internationally recognised research-based education geared towards research and teaching at the highest level.
You can find employment within the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, at universities, institutions of higher education, or at hospital laboratories.
Some candidates find jobs within quality assurance and production or in ministries and departments, such as The Danish Ministry of Environment or The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration.
You can also continue your research and obtain a PhD in Denmark or abroad.