The MSc Programme in Biology gives you the freedom to choose one of the programme's five specialisations. You can also study Biology with a minor subject.
No matter which specialization you choose, you’ll meet three types of courses:
- Compulsory courses – these are mandatory and cover the basic elements of the specialization during your first year of study.
- Restricted elective courses – you choose these from a selection of courses.
- Elective courses that you are free to choose. These comprise 15 ECTS.
Your MSc programme concludes with a thesis project. Examples of thesis subjects include inquiries into:
- Genes and mechanisms of programmed cell death
- The effect of water pollution upon water fleas
- Spread of antibiotic resistance in bacteria
- Effects of global warming on ecosystems
The Master Thesis is 60 ECTS in all 5 specialisations.
Shared section of the curriculum for all programmes at the Faculty of SCIENCE.