The MSc in Computer Science is a two-year programme concluding with a Master Thesis. You can select from and combine a wide range of courses during your studies, such as: digital imaging, programming languages, distributed and parallel systems, systems engineering, human-machine interfaces, combinatorial optimization and computer games.
You have the chance to study a subject area in depth. By selecting different elective and restricted elective courses you can either compose a programme of your own or choose one of seven available study tracks.
It is also possible to study abroad during your degree. University of Copenhagen has numerous exchange agreements with universities worldwide. You can choose to study abroad for one or two semesters or for a shorter period of time; for instance take a summer school course.
Your degree is capped off with the thesis. Below is an eclectic list of previous thesis topics to help acquaint you with an idea of what is possible:
- Synthesis of the electric guitar sound based on sound analysis and physics.
- Private users’ problems with computers at home.
- Robot navigation.
- Developing distributed computing solutions combining grid computing and Internet computing.
The programme structure is shown below. The placement of restricted elective courses depends on which courses you choose.
|Block 1||Block 2||Block 3||Block 4|
|Year 1||Advanced Programming||Advanced Computer Systems|
|Advanced Algorithms and Data Structures||Machine Learning|
|Restricted elective course|
Restricted elective courses
Choose your restricted elective courses from the list below. Click on each course for a detailed description.
- Programming Massively Parallel Hardware
- IT Innovation and Change
- Algorithm Engineering
- Medical Image Analysis
- Computer Game Development Project
- Collaborative Computing
- Advanced Topics in Human-Centered Computing
- Software Engineering
- Computability and Complexity
- Computational Geometry
- Semantics and Types
- Signal and Image Processing
- Numerical Optimization
- Software Architecture
- Information Retrieval
- Large-Scale Data Analysis
- Mobile Computing
- Program Analysis and Transformation
- User Interface Technology
- Randomized Algorithms
- Computational Methods in Simulation
- Approximation Algorithms
- Proactive Computer Security
- Project outside the course scope (7.5 or 15 ECTS)