If you have completed a Bachelor’s degree or are enrolled in the final semester of a Bachelor’s programme you are eligible to apply for the Master’s programme in Geology-Geoscience.
Bachelor’s degrees that automatically fulfill the academic requirements
If you hold one of the degrees listed below, you are considered to meet all academic requirements. Learn about when and how to apply.
- BSc in Geology-Geoscience from the University of Copenhagen (reserved access to the programme)
Other bachelor’s degrees
If you have a bachelor’s degree other than those listed above, you must submit additional documentation along with your application so the University can evaluate whether or not you meet the admission requirements. Learn about when and how to apply.
Applicants with a Bachelor's degree in the following:
- Geography and Geoinformatics from the University of Copenhagen.
- Geology from international universities.
- Geosccience from Aarhus University.
- Within the field of sciences from the University of Copenhagen, other Danish or Nordic universities.
may also be admitted if their programme includes the following:
- Subject elements on bachelor's level within the academic field of geology-geoscience, 60 ECTS credits.
The Faculty may also admit applicants who, after an individual academic assessment, are deemed to possess educational qualifications equivalent to those required above.
Qualifying degree and other courses/projects
When we assess whether you meet the admission requirements for the Master's degree program, Danish legislation only allows us to assess your Bachelor's degree. Consequently, you cannot study supplementary courses between Bachelor's and Master's degree programs in order to meet the admission requirements.
If you have passed courses/projects before you complete the qualifying Bachelor's degree, these can be included in the assessment, even though they are not part of the Bachelor's degree program.
- It applies to courses/projects you have taken as single subjects and courses/projects you have taken as part of another study program.
- A maximum of 30 ECTS credits of these courses/projects may be included.
Unless you hold a Bachelor's degree from a Danish University, you are required to document proficiency in English according to your background; see the language requirements.