Before you apply to the MSc in Social Data Science programme, please make sure to acquaint yourself with all the important information on the application procedure, application deadlines and details about how to apply.
ARE YOU A CITIZEN IN A COUNTRY OUTSIDE EU, EEA OR SWITZERLAND?
Prioritisation of applicants
The programme accepts a maximum of 75 students in September 2023.
If more applicants than the maximum intake meet the admission requirements, a selection will be made on the basis of a comprehensive evaluation, with emphasis on the following criteria:
- Portfolio of bachelor courses relevant for the MSc in Social Data Science
- In addition to social science courses, this includes other courses with substantial coverage of data science, programming, statistics and/or quantitative methods.
- Relevant experience with quantitative methods and data handling obtained in the course of your bachelor’s studies.
- Grades achieved on bachelor courses relevant for the MSc in Social Data Science. Note: the assessment of grades is made solely on the basis of the transcripts and grades submitted before the application deadline. Grades submitted after the application deadline will not be included in the selection of applicants.
- Statement of professionally relevant experience for the MSc in Social Data Science (maximum one page). The document must describe what the experience consists of and why it is relevant. For example:
- Relevant work experience, incl. unpaid work
- Coding experience from extra-curricular activities and self-acquired proficiency with e.g. Python or R.
- Participation in social data science related research projects.
- Experience -from educational and/or work contexts – with group work and team-based collaboration.
Priority is given to candidates who have obtained their bachelor’s degree within the last five years.
Do you have a master degree?
If you already have a master's degree from Denmark or another country, you can, in principle, only be admitted to a new degree programme if there are places available on the programme for which you are applying for admission (the master's degree admission rule).
In exceptional cases, we may grant dispensation from the master’s degree admission rule.
Read more about the master's degree admission rule and the possibility of applying for dispensation here.