Before you apply to the MSc in Social Data Science programme, please make sure to acquaint yourself with all the important information on the application procedure, application deadlines and details about how to apply.
Prioritisation of applicants
The programme accepts a maximum of 60 students in September 2020.
If more applicants than the maximum intake meet the admission requirements, a selection will be made on the basis of a comprehensive evaluation, with emphasis on the following criteria:
- Portfolio of bachelor courses relevant for the MSc in Social Data Science
- In addition to social science courses, this includes other courses with substantial coverage of data science, programming, statistics and/or quantitative methods.
- Relevant experience with quantitative methods and data handling obtained in the course of your bachelor’s studies.
- Grades achieved on bachelor courses relevant for the MSc in Social Data Science
- Statement of purpose for wanting to study Social Data Science (maximum one page) covering
- your motivation for applying
- how your academic background (courses), skills and competences qualify you for admission to the programme
- which skills and competences you hope to achieve on the programme
- how you intend to apply these in your thesis and future work.
Priority is given to candidates who have obtained their bachelor’s degree within the last five years.
Limitation on second degrees
If you have already completed a Danish master's degree, please check out the rules concerning a second degree.