If you are a citizen from outside EU/EEA or Switzerland, as of October 2017 you are required to pay an application fee of DKK 750 (app. EUR 100), when applying for one or more master’s degree programmes in the same application round. You will only have to pay the application fee once each application round regardless of whether you choose to apply for one, two or the maximum of three Master's degree programmes per application round.
Exemptions from payment of application fee
Please note that you are exempted from paying the application fee if you:
- hold a Danish Bachelor’s degree or a Danish Professional Bachelor’s degree
- hold a permanent residence permit in Denmark (including Greenland and the Faroe Islands)
- hold a temporary residence permit “with a view to” or “with the possibility of” permanent residency in Denmark (including Greenland and the Faroe Islands) and your permit states: “mhp. varigt ophold” or “mmf. varigt ophold”
- are “permanently residing” in one of the other Nordic countries (Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland), cf. Article 1 of the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affair’s Order No 54 of 17 June 1999 between Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden regarding access to further education, provided you maintain your official residence in that country while enrolled at the University of Copenhagen
- hold a Danish residence permit granted on the grounds of family reunification
- have become an EU citizen or enjoy equality of treatment with an EU citizen pursuant to the Executive Order on Residence in Denmark for Aliens Falling within the Rules of the European Union (EU Residence Order)
- hold a residence permit pursuant to section 9m of the Danish Aliens Act as the child of a parent who holds a residence permit pursuant to section 9a of the same act
- hold a dual citizenship (EU/EEA + non-EU/EEA) and decide to enter Denmark as an EU/EEA citizen.
Applicants with a temporary work permit in Denmark (e.g. Green Card) have to pay the application fee.
If you are unsure whether you must pay the application fee, please contact the master’s degree programme before the application deadline.
Terms of payment
- Payment can only be made in DKK and only through the web shop.
- You need to pay the application fee before you send your application(s) to the University.
- You have to upload your receipt of payment along with each of your applications for admission. If you are exempt from paying the application fee (cf. above), you have to upload documentation and an explanation along with each of your applications for admission.
- Your application(s) will only be processed if the total amount is paid and your receipt (or documentation and explanation for right to exemption) is uploaded.
- If your application is successful, the application fee will be deducted from the first tuition fee payment that you make to the University of Copenhagen.
- If your application is successful and you are awarded a tuition fee waiver, a refund will not be given.
- If your application is unsuccessful, or if your application is successful but you choose not to accept the admission offer, a refund will not be given.
- A direct refund of the application fee is only possible if you have made one or more payments of the application fee without having submitted the relevant number of applications, or if you have paid the application fee even though you are exempt from it. Once you have submitted an application, you are liable for the application fee, even if you cancel the application. This means that if you pay the application fee, but change your mind about applying, you can only get a refund if you have not yet submitted the application. If you wish to request a refund, please contact the master's degree programme.