Profile and Career
The two-year MSc programme in Water and Environment gives you the expertise to work with sustainable use and management of global freshwater resources.
This is crucial, as water resources are under increasing pressure from overuse and pollution, intensified by population growth and climate change. Thus, the demand for graduates with this profile is growing both in Denmark and internationally.
During the programme, you will get a deep understanding of the challenges and solutions to secure sufficient supplies of water suitable for drinking and agricultural production while ensuring the stability of ecosystems.
The programme will prepare you to work professionally with the challenges of:
reducing and preventing water pollution
promoting sustainable use of water
protecting the environment
improving the state of water ecosystems
reducing the effects of floods and drought.
With an MSc in Water and Environment you can work within research, administration, consultancy, and project management. Graduates find work in, for example:
- engineering consultancy companies
- manufacturing companies, including companies that manufacture environmental technology products
- ministries and public administration institutions that set the political framework for the regulation of water and environment and carry out supervisory tasks
- educational institutions
- research institutions and companies
- international organisations
- food and pharmaceutical companies
- professional agricultural organisations, including consultancy firms.
Here, you can contribute to reducing and preventing water pollution, promoting sustainable use of water, protecting the environment, improving the state of aquatic ecosystems, and mitigate the adverse effects of climate change.