Academic matters - Overseas students

Medical Museion. Photo: Simon Skipper.

Find information about academic matters and important information about studying at the University of Copenhagen.  















































As a student at UCPH, you will need a student ID card. You can read about how to get your student ID card on the webpage for UCPH IT for students.

Use of the ID card 

The card identifies you as a student at the University and you must remember to bring it when you sign up for and sit your exams. You also use the card as a key to access University facilities outside regular opening hours, to benefit from student discounts in bookshops, museums, theatres, etc., and as a library card.

If you lose your ID card

You can block your Student ID card at KUnet. The function in KUnet is in Danish. In order to block your card, log on to KUnet, choose Student Self-Service --> ID kort --> spær ID kort --> tick the box and click "spær valgte". A new student ID card will automatically generated within a few working days.